December Faves & New Year Goals
One full week into the new year, and here I am writing up my December faves and goals for 2016. Talk about being behind lol. But, better late than never I guess! (Or never late is better, as Drake would say.)
Now, let's get to it!
Starting with my December Favorites:
1. S'well Bottle. Now, this may or may not be cheating since I haven't had it for a full month yet, but I LOVE my S'well bottle my mom got me for Christmas! I've been wanting one of these bottles since the summer time, but I could never bring myself to splurge on it. Well.. no more plastic tumblers for me. This bottle is EVERYTHING. Absolutely worth the money. My water stays cold all day long (If it makes it that far haha. I usually refill a few times throughout the day - staying hydrated is so important you guys!). I haven't tried it with anything hot yet, but I'm sure it works just the same. *Mine is from the glitter collection in the color sparkling champagne.
2. Black & Pom Pom Beanie. I've been wearing this black beanie so much. My favorite thing about it is that it's lined on the inside so no cold air gets in. I also love that it's cable knit and has the fur pom on the top. It's the perfect accent! Mine is the brand Mitchies and it's from Sadee's. There are a ton of these online right now so I linked a few options here: one, two, three, four, five, six
3. Gold & White Initial Mug. The white and gold combo is so in right now. My mom picked up this mug for me and I love it! Don't get me wrong, I also love the oh so popular one from Anthropologie, BUT the handle is so tiny! This one is at the top of my list because the handle is big and I love the polka dot accents. I also love the initial on the inside - how adorable!
4. eos Lip Balm. I'm a huge fan of eos! I even use their shaving cream! I thought their holiday collection was so adorable with these stickers! I was a little disappointed because some of them came off. However, my purse is a mess at the bottom so I'm sure they were banged around a little. Either way, this three pack was worth it. Such a great product and an even better idea to add stickers!
5. Dermalogica Active Moist. I LOVE this lotion! I use this one every morning after I wash my face. It keeps my skin hydrated and smooth. It has a light texture which I also like. It came in the kit I bought a few weeks ago, but I definitely plan to purchase the full size when I run out. I've been loving all of my Dermalogica products and I can't wait to do a review for you guys with my new skincare routine :) it's only been a few weeks, but I've already seen a difference!
As if this post isn't long enough.. Now I want to share my goals for the new year (both blog related and life related):
Sophia Bush posted this quote for the new year and I couldn't agree with it more! I've never been a major "New Years" girl because I've always thought resolutions were kind of silly. The idea of setting intentions, rather than resolutions, is so refreshing to me. I believe that setting a goal, loving yourself, and acting under these conditions will ensure growth and success. I also believe that this can be done at any time; not just new year's. It's important that you are ready to make these changes and go after a goal so you can reach success.
So here are my goals for 2016.
1. Do more yoga. I LOVE doing yoga, but I can never get into a solid routine. Maybe taking a class would help, but I do like being able to do it at home so I can set the vibe and truly focus on the moment. It's such a great activity because it has so many benefits. I first got into it because I liked the flexibility aspect. As I kept going with it, I really began to enjoy the meditation part of it. It really does help me find balance and calmness. Which is why I need to do more of it!
2. Look at the stars more. There's something so intriguing about looking up at the sky on a clear night and noticing all of the stars. For me, it reminds me that there really are infinite possibilities in this life and that appreciation of everything around me is truly important.
3. Become better at flat lays. I love looking at carefully curated and beautifully put together flat lays. And I totally wish I could recreate them, but I need some practice. There's a certain style I want to convey and I have some ideas up my sleeve, so bringing them to life is definitely something I want to focus on!
4. Post more lounge wear/fitness gear. I don't wear leather pants and faux fur every day of my life lol! I really love lounge wear and fitness gear so I want to start sharing that with you guys. When I first started my blog, I had the idea of doing Fitness Fridays, where I would post an outfit and some health & wellness tips. If this is something you would be interested in seeing, comment below to let me know! (If you haven't already, read my about page so you know the possible tips I will provide come from my educational background in health & exercise science.)
5. Focus on style, rather than trends. Don't get me wrong- I love some of the trends that come around. However, trends aren't forever, but style is. And style is so much more than what you wear. It's how you think, how you act, what you believe in, etc. I want to create a place where you can come and truly relate to my style; not just think I'm a trendy girl living a blogger life lol!
Comment below to let me know what your goals are for this year and what you would like to see more of!